lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.6

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.6
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:53:00 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden dixit:

>> >some work?  Do you mean some work and some doesn't work?
>>
>> "some" = these in SJIS ;-) sorry for being unclear
>
>Really?  I think there is no problem in viewing SJIS pages with
>Shift_JIS setting.

Yes, that's what I said.

For EUC pages, it works, for SJIS pages, I have to switch kterm.

(Nice would be to view both in uxterm, because kterm doesn't look
 so good, and has got a bunch of security holes.)

>I believe that glibc's iconv and GNU libiconv does work.

Yes, but these are not free enough. Frederick(IIRC) has pointed
out another implementation, and I'll look at that later.

bye,
//mirabile