lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Moving past a Search Field

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Moving past a Search Field
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:46:15 -0600

        On rare occasions, I will go to a site and find there is a
search form staring me in the face.  At that point, any characters
typed on the keyboard are assumed to be part of the search string.  If
I tab a couple of times, the form is submitted all be it empty.  Is
there a more elegant way to break out of a search form if one isn't
interested in searching at the time?

        In pages where the search form isn't the first link, I can use
a / and tell lynx to search for some word or expression that appears
below the search box and that works okay, but what if the search form
is the very first thing one encounters?

        Thank you.