lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] configuring lynx with ssl

From: Joel Salomon
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] configuring lynx with ssl
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:52:25 -0500

Different errors with different invocations:

> ./configure --with-ssl
checking for SSL_get_version in -lssl... yes
checking for openssl include directory... no
checking if we can link to ssl library... no
configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

> ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/include
checking for openssl include directory... no
checking if we can link to ssl library... no
configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

> ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl
configure: error: cannot find ssl library under /usr/include/openssl/

> ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/lib
checking for openssl include directory... no
checking if we can link to ssl library... no
configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

> ./configure --with-ssl=/usr
checking for openssl include directory... no
checking if we can link to ssl library... no
configure: error: Cannot link with ssl library

> If no option value is given, it looks only in /usr/local/ssl (which I see
> is not mentioned in INSTALLATION).

Thanks.  Searching the archives turned up that tidbit.  Unfortunately,
the Linux install here in school doesn't have that directory... :-(

Anyone with other ideas?

--Joel