lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] README.options

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] README.options
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:22:33 -0400 (EDT)

The idea is to clarify for a new user.

The fact that lynx can puzzle by not "remembering" [O]ptions settings is
demystified by associating this with the disk write (or not) to .lynxrc.

LYNXOPTIONS only handles a subset of possible config settings for the user.

It will be helpful to point out that each of those few settings are overwritten
for each "Accept with Save to Disk" POST to LYNXOPTIONS - reminds me of chmod
0700 rather than chmod u+x  (change to follow) ...