lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:45:32 +0000 (UTC)

Henry Nelson dixit:

>Just curious, but how does this work for you unix purists?  How do
>XWindows terminal emulators get around the fixed-width font problem
>we Windoze people suffer when using PuTTY or TeraTerm?

uxterm uses two fonts, one double-width e.g. for kana/kanji,
and a table which character is how wide. It works quite well.

I've tried using uxterm on MS Services for Unix/Interix on Windows,
with Starnet X-Win32 LX, but didn't get it to work with Japanese.
Sorry.

bye,
//mirabile
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
        -- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc