lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] NetBSD 2.0 more than warnings

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] NetBSD 2.0 more than warnings
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:48:18 -0400 (EDT)

So they are using a broken make, are happy to run out and get gmake in their
packaging setup, but can't or won't bundle it in the shipped OS.

I have noticed "consider installing <foo>" messages in configure... is this
something to consider for NetBSD 2.0 since it's been a while and it doesn't
look promising.

I know the workaround has been published here, but the problem for this OS is
that you need lynx to google around for the answer if you are attempting to
build a working system; you can get make3.80 with ftp, but you can't find out
that you need it without lynx, or without a message to that effect.