lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Re: lynx2.8.6dev.14

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Re: lynx2.8.6dev.14
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:52:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

Are these pictures generated for unix (ncurses) or win32 (pdcurses)?

ncurses from latest Slackware.

thanks (now home, I see this, using the bright-blue.lss).

BTW, you should now be aware, but it happens everywhere. If, for example, you cd to /root, the difference is the same.

yes - it's a particular combination of colors that's not working as it used to.

Couldn't it be caused by the following ? I noticed the generated HTML from the 2 versions are different.

I don't think so - it "should" only have the effect of causing a line-break (and not always - it depends on what's on the line).

I think that the cause is a side-effect of the color-pair fix
(or perhaps that fix in turn uncovered another bug).

* force a newline in HTML_end_element() after a </pre>, which causes lines
 containing only whitespace before the </pre> to display a new line, rather
 than putting that whitespace before text that follows the </pre> (report by
 Thorsten Glaser for http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.1/changes.html) -TD

Anyway, you'll find the culprit.

yes (thanks)

--