lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on Windows

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:22:13 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Doug Kaufman wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 12:44:24AM +0900, address@hidden wrote:
I have a trouble with showing Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on
Windows, which I compiled with PDCurses 2.5.

This is a screen shot with trouble.
    http://lynx-win32-pata.sourceforge.jp/tmp/286dev15_OptionScreen.png

For example, "Case insensitive" is showed double.

I can see that this is a bug in PDCurses - sometimes it handles wrapping
on column 80, sometimes not.  I'll adjust the ifdef's so it doesn't try
to use column 80 for PDCurses.

Didn't we try in the past to exclude column 80? I thought that it gave a

I'm not sure: I seem to recall someone commenting that there was a problem with PDCurses, but am not sure how far back to dredge my email to look for the comment.

I was also testing with PDCurses 2.5, no wide characters (since it doesn't support those anyway). The problem was easy to reproduce - on win32 with PDCurses 2.5 (I seem to have 2.6 on Linux, but hadn't thought to compare based on the versions).

problem rendering files that were formatted exactly 80 columns across.
Is this just with PDCurses for wide characters? PDCurses 2.6 has been
out for a few years and there is active development on the CVS
PDCurses. If this isn't a problem with all versions of PDCurses, perhaps
we should just note which versions to avoid. I'll try to do some
checking with the MingW buid.

thanks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey