lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on Windows

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on Windows
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:27:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Doug Kaufman wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Doug Kaufman wrote:

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 12:44:24AM +0900, address@hidden wrote:
I have a trouble with showing Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on
Windows, which I compiled with PDCurses 2.5.

This is a screen shot with trouble.
    http://lynx-win32-pata.sourceforge.jp/tmp/286dev15_OptionScreen.png
I was also testing with PDCurses 2.5, no wide characters (since it doesn't
support those anyway).  The problem was easy to reproduce - on win32 with
PDCurses 2.5 (I seem to have 2.6 on Linux, but hadn't thought to compare
based on the versions).

Is this just with PDCurses for wide characters? PDCurses 2.6 has been
out for a few years and there is active development on the CVS
PDCurses. If this isn't a problem with all versions of PDCurses, perhaps
we should just note which versions to avoid. I'll try to do some
checking with the MingW buid.

I can confirm that the problem exists for lynx2.8.6dev.15a with
PDCurses 2.6 in the MingW and DJGPP builds. It is also present with
the current cvs code of PDCurses for DJGPP.

Thanks for the info. Offhand, I only recall one (hard to fix) problem with off-by-ones, which shows up in the Options menu for example with

        lynx -number-fields .

That showed up in dev.12 as a result of another fix:

* correct expression in HText_appendCharacter() which was simplified in
  2.8.5dev.4, but broke a comparison used for text-justification -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net