lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:53:12 -0200 (BRST)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

However, there were also some ncurses fixes since 5.4 that affected lynx. For instance, I've had a couple of people report that one of the problems that made links off by one column was fixed by upgrading to some more current ncurses (though I didn't analyze it to see what the exact problem was).

My understanding is that you're using ncurses 5.4 since that's what is on Slackware. So there'll be some problems.

No, all builds were with 5.5 and your latest temp patches, but I started having the same problem with the 5.4 from Slackware, the reason why I upgraded.

The Slackware build uses --with-screen=ncurses. I tested with both.

My ncurses was compiled with

--without-cxx-binding --without-ada --with-shared --without-normal --without-debug --with-gpm --enable-symlinks --enable-hard-tabs --enable-colorfgbg --enable-ext-mouse --enable-warnings --disable-leaks

and again with

--without-cxx-binding --without-ada --with-shared --without-normal --without-debug --with-gpm --enable-symlinks --enable-widec --enable-ext-colors --enable-hard-tabs --enable-colorfgbg --enable-ext-mouse --enable-warnings --disable-leaks

to make the ncursesw. In this one I also used --enable-ext-colors, which, according to "INSTALL", only works for ncursesw ("This applies only to the wide-character (--enable-widec) configuration.").

Any ideas ?

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html