lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] UTF-8 Japanese working, but display problems

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] UTF-8 Japanese working, but display problems
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:24:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thomas Dickey dixit:

[ wcslen / wcswidth ]

probably - ncurses doesn't have a way to compensate for that lack,
and you couldn't build ncursesw without those functions.

Okay, thanks. I want to use these from Bruno Haible's libutf8,
which is GPL'd but he has promised (verbally) that we can use
it under BSD licence so it can be made part of libc. I need to
prod him again to give us the confirmation in writing...

Do you think there's more to do than "just" wchar functions?

That's libiconv + libutf8

libiconv has some locale data as well

address@hidden:/home/tg $ tic -V
ncurses 5.2.20010224

That's as far back as you can go and have any workable wide-character
code - probably won't get very good results for anything before 5.3

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net