lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] [off topic] some way to connect to internal web server from t

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: [Lynx-dev] [off topic] some way to connect to internal web server from the Internet?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:18:54 +0900

My previous ISP had a proxy server that I could use to connect to my web
site using its Internet domain name.  My new provider doesn't have this
service so I've been forced to use the server's internal network IP
address to connect to it.  While this is okay for routine maintenance,
it doesn't let me check on Internet connectivity, and it breaks a couple
of links that I'd prefer to use the full URL rather than relative to the
document root.

The web server is behind ipfilter and nat.  Is there some method of "going
out of the internal LAN and then coming back in" so I can connect to the
server as anyone else would from the Internet?  Sorry for the off-topic
thread, but you lynx-dev people are so knowledgeable.  TIA

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999