lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Possible bug?

From: Andreas Troschka
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Possible bug?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:03:14 +0100

Hi all there,
I've registered to the list mainly because I couldn't find a working bugtracker
for Lynx.

Lynx is a nice peace of code and I'm using it since a couple of years so I've
decided to give my 50Cents with a bit of support and possibly learn something
more on it from you.

I'm using Lynx on Linux (Gentoo and Ubuntu actual releases).
Default installation without particular setup nor lynx.cfg.

In the last releases of Lynx (else if compiled by myself or from binary
packages) I've noticed an incompatibility between the
-cmd_log=FILENAME/-cmd_script=FILENAME options not present in older versions.

Let me explain the real (reproducible) example.

What I'll do with Lynx is to automatically login to a password protected
website e.g. www.gmx.net (a webmail service provider).

If I run Lynx with:

>lynx www.gmx.net

and, after connection, I do the regular login typing the userID and password
where requested by the site's page, it works as expected.

Now I do it passing the -cmd_log option to register the keystrokes in a file:

>lynx -cmd_log=loginscript.txt www.gmx.net

when logged-in I stop and exit Lynx by pressing "qq".

By examining the file loginscript.txt it appears ok and contains what expected.

Now lets start the automatic login procedure:

>lynx -cmd_script=loginscript.txt www.gmx.net

At this point:

1. the connection to www.gmx.net is correctly completed (the main page of the
site is correctly rendered)
2. the serie of "key down" strokes to the userID inbox is correctly handled
3. suppose the text of the userID is "mo", the script generates and sends the
two characters "mo" as it should do, but at the same time Lynx returns a
message like "We are already at the main page" and then it renders the Options
menu'!!!

Do I'm missing something?

Regards

Andreas Troschka