lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] forbid local file browsing?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] forbid local file browsing?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:14:43 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Craig Skinner wrote:

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 05:05:40PM -0500, Stef Caunter wrote:
Was going to say, even if the alias worked there would be too many ways to
get around it, so a recompile (check ./configure --help|more) is the way to
go.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

good (report bugs).

OpenBSD comes with lynx in base, so I thought it would be neat to allow
users to do an offsite check of their sites, outside of any ISP/colo
firewalls/proxies/wotnot.

A lot of the lynx configuration is available in only one mode (command
switches, lynx.cfg or $HOME/.lynxrc).  I don't recall noticing that
the restrictions were command-line only (most of the command-line switches
are available as lynx.cfg settings).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net