lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANG

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGUAGE
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:03:28 +0000 (UTC)

Chuck Houpt dixit:

> I think language negotiation shows its strength in CGI-tools/web-apps like
> Squirrel-Mail or AWStats, where it is cleanly used to just display localized
> UI
> elements.

A website is no application, damnit! Local apps have “UI elements” and
things like that.

Besides, most people don't bother changing their preferred languages on
e.g. Windows® either; most websites that d̲o̲ offer localisation use GeoIP
(Google among them).

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt