lynx-dev

RE: [Lynx-dev] Lynx hangs

From: Larson, Timothy E.
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] Lynx hangs
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:50:06 -0500

Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> I saw this recently, also, building the older version (2.8.4 and
> 2.8.5) on one of my older machines.  (Couldn't get 2.8.6 to build.)
> But apparently only when I supplied a URL on the command line - if I
> just used "lynx" I could get the default page, and then enter URLs
> with G or g.

Sorry for the self-reply, but I thought I should clarify.  I didn't see
a "hang" per se; I got dropped back to the shell prompt.  So maybe
that's different.

I tweaked a couple things in the build process, including upgrading
gmake, and no longer see this.  Just a long delay (sometimes timing out)
bringing up the initial site.

Tim
--
Tim Larson
InterCall, a subsidiary of West Corporation