lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Maximum nesting of HTML elements exceeded (zap2it)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Maximum nesting of HTML elements exceeded (zap2it)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:48:28 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

The format of tvlistings.zap2it.com changed yesterday. Just when I thought it was now beautifully Lynx-optimized, I see the error "Maximum nesting of HTML elements exceeded" flash on the screen, and I think the innermost LIs were truncated.

What is the nesting limit?
Is this a Lynx issue or a site issue?

It's likely a problem with the page - some don't nest the tags properly.
You can usually work around those by using the tagsoup mode (toggle using control/V).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net