lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] question

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] question
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:56:28 -0400

On 3/11/08, Rita Marie <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please reply to address@hidden as the email from which this
> came is not receiving incoming mail. Thank you.
>
> I was directed to Lynx to have my website checked for how it is seen by
> search engines to make sure I am following the rules and not doing anything
> that would keep my site out of Google, for instance.

The lynx browser will give you a view of the web similar to the
googlebot, but it will not give you any indication of how your site
appears to google or whether the "rules" for google placement are
being followed. That requires expertise and interpretation.

Assuming you are using Windows, lynx is available from a number of
locations. I have a simple installer with a version here

http://caunter.ca/lynx.zip

It will get you up and running quickest. Please refer to the
documention and user guide available at http://lynx.isc.org in the
development directory for assistance. The browser is controlled by
pressing keys - there is a three line menu at the bottom of the screen
that you should study first.

Stefan Caunter
http://caunter.ca/contact.html