lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] SVG over the summer

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SVG over the summer
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:04:31 +0100

Henry Nelson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 09:01:42PM +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
Hence I am wondering, what can the delay be?
        is stripping out the title and text content that difficult a task?
could you indicate which part is causing a problem?

Have you read any of the responses to your numerous requests?  IIRC
there was one about a month ago mentioning the D)ownload method.

I believe this is really about a campaign over SVG accessibility features, rather than specifically about Lynx.

Jonathon: you need to realise that Lynx probably has less than the equivalent of one full time developer, and there are issues that affect more Lynx users, like sites which don't work without scripting, etc., which are not getting worked round, either.

Basically, if you desperately want something in Lynx, you need to submit tested patches.

--
David Woolley