lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How to sort mail ?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to sort mail ?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:10:25 -0500

090112 Linda L. Hull. wrote:
> I love Lynx and have used it for many years,
> BUT I'm the mom of a Linux geek, who has moved to Texas.
> How can I sort so I can see mail from each news group [UserGuide]
> in order, by date?  I can see how to sort by sender,
> but if George is in 4 groups and replies to Mary,
> I can't get Mary's comments in thread with George,
> if George changed the topic.
> Sort by (s) sender gives me all of George's mails.
> How do I get it to sort by [group]?
> I have no idea how to make mail come in different boxes.

As TD commented, perhaps your question concerns Mutt,
which does mail rather the way Lynx handles the Internet.
Anyway, I recommend Mutt for straightforward configurable mail-handling.

To send in-coming mail to different folders, you can use Procmail.
You can also tell Mutt that you subscribe to various mailing-lists,
which helps it handle them for you.

If this is the kind of thing you want help with, let us know.
'lynx-dev' is strictly for Lynx users
-- I don't know if there's anything similar for Mutt -- ,
but you might get offers of help off-list & I'll see what I can do myself.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca