lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and login problem in a forum

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and login problem in a forum
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:44:57 -0300 (BRST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Frédéric L. W. Meunier dixit:

I have a problem using Lynx (2.8.7dev.12) with a forum.

Can you disclose which one?

http://www.netvasco.com.br/forum/

I start lynx, log in, log out. Then, if I try to log in again, it doesn't
always work. But if I restart lynx, it does.

Define "doesn't always work". And, is it reproducible?

It's 100% reproducible - at least here. By doesn't always work, I mean that it just happens. I now logged in and out twice, and didn't have to restart lynx.

But after posting some messages, browsing, or anything that I'm unaware is causing it, if I log out, I can't log in again.

I thought it could be related to cookies (I accept all), but removed them in
the Cookie Jar.

Hm. Normally, this kind of sites rewrites them, but if you in fact
cleared the cookie jar?

All cookies from the domain.

What else is supposed to change between sessions, and could affect it ?

Do the URIs maybe have session IDs with them?

No.

Also, try using the "x" key instead of Enter for the links, especially
any form submission buttons.

It didn't change anything.