lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] mozilla's take on arc4random

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] mozilla's take on arc4random
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:12:02 +0000 (UTC)

David Woolley dixit:

> The MIME requirements can, I believe, be met by having no internal state, and
> simply searching for a string that does not appear in any of the parts.

That too ☺

>> This is irrelevant for Lynx, as it does not do Javascript.
>
> The original requirement is not irrelevant to Lynx, as Lynx can generate MIME
> multipart form submissions.

Hm true. It could of course use a (P)RNG as starting point for
the search, or somesuch. Or, just take some (random?) substring
and increment a byte by one, or so.

//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of