lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] small request about moving of tagged files

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] small request about moving of tagged files
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:25:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Jasper wrote:

Hello,

I use lynx a lot as a local file manager, both on my own machine as on a
remote server maintaining a website. A nice feature is tagging some
files, then navigating to another directory, and then hitting the m key
for moving the tagged files. This works if you move them to a
subdirectory of the current one by typing it's name or to the directory
one level lower by specifying "..". But it does not work if you say "."

Could this be made to work, it seems logical that it is possible and I
would use it a lot !

It might - I'll look closer, but I think the short answer is that the reason it doesn't work is that the data needed is not in the current page.
If that's the case, it would be not that simple to change...

My directory editor here:

        http://invisible-island.net/ded

does support that type of operation. That is, I'd navigate to the other directory, open it, then (assuming it was "after" on the ring of open lists), type 'B', and then type something like

        % mv # %F

("#" is what's selected, "%F" expands to the "following" pathname in the ring).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net