lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] DEFAULT_BOOKMARK_FILE:... seems inoperative

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DEFAULT_BOOKMARK_FILE:... seems inoperative
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:52:59 -0400

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 3:36 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've tried changine the default bookmark file
> by changing the value in the lynx.cfg file with
>
> DEFAULT_BOOKMARK_FILE:lynx_books.html

.lynxrc also defines this so it will take precedence. Set it there and
it will work.

> and it seems inoperative - I couldn't identify any
> compile option that might deactivate it.
> Any ideas what I may be overlooking?

There is an order, lynx.cfg, overridden by .lynxrc, overridden by
command line options, for how these configs are handled.

> Off topic:
> Is there any way to set up alternate .lynxrc files?
> I haven't located anything in the documents to allow this.

Edit userdefs.h and recompile, look for

#define FNAME_LYNXRC ".lynxrc"

Now that I think about it, that might not be what you want. You can
specify -cfg "filename" on the command line to inject certain
alternative configurations into the behaviour. If you alias lynx to

lynx='lynx -cfg=file '

it might make things work for you.