lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] TRUSTED_LYNXCGI configuration

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] TRUSTED_LYNXCGI configuration
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:16:12 -0500

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 07:40:24PM +0530, Komal Thareja wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to configure TRUSTED_LYNXCGI parameter in /etc/lync.cgi by
> specifying the following value.
>
> TRUSTED_LYNXCGI:file://var/Test/test.cgi
>
> I still get the error "Alert!: Executable link rejected due to location or
> path." when I execute the script using following command

That's reported in src/LYGetFile.c

    if (!(no_exec && type == ALWAYS_EXEC_PATH))
        HTAlert(BADLOCPATH_IN_EXEC_LINK);

The no_exec variable is the place to check - it's normally false,
and is set using the -restriction option.  The 'type' variable is
essentially a constant (depends on the program flow).  So you should
add something like

        -restrictions=all

since that sets all of the restriction flags to true.