lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] French accents

From: Kristopher Kycia
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] French accents
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:06:21 -0500

Hmm... I have notice the following in the Options:

Use locale-based character sets: OFF.

The funny thing is that if I set it to ON... It doesn't make any difference. I have made modifications to commented sections in the "lynx.cfg.dist" and made sure that upon load the locale-based character sets is now ON.

Again, still no difference, my accents are using extended ASCII characters.

I have also configure the LANG environment variable to fr_CA and this also makes no difference. So the LANG variable does not seem to work either. Unless I am using the wrong syntax...

I really don't like the build answer (it may be true), sorry for being so skeptical. But this kind of thing seems like the 1st thing that gets tested the minute Internationalization (i18n) is implemented. Once an application is translated for several languages, it seems highly likely that all the smart developers would then test the display of said webpages in the various languages.

Kristopher R. Kycia