lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't save options to disk

From: Graham Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't save options to disk
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 06:14:54 -0700

Yes I set the X in link number 4, and then did link 1, Accept Changes.  .lynxrc is writable, and I've made the changes there, and lynx now behaves as desired.  Thank you all for your help.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Stefan Caunter <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Graham Lawrence <address@hidden> wrote:
> Using lynx -trace I get the same message: "Alert! Unable to save options!"
> Lynx.trace is attached as lt.zip
> I'm using the lynx included in slackware 13.1, i.e.
> 05:04:44 $ lynx -version
> Lynx Version 2.8.7rel.1 (05 Jul 2009)
> libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.8n, ncurses 5.7.20081102(wide)
> Built on linux-gnu Feb 12 2010 19:50:52
>
> I'm not trying to change any of the options marked (!).
> I want to change from Novice to Advanced, and set the editor to vim, they
> fail.
> I've made these changes in lynx.cfg, they are ignored.
> But other changes I have made in lynx.cfg have been accepted, e.g.
> SSL Prompting changed to Force Yes, which is a (!) item in Options

The trace shows you have a .lynxrc file; is it writable? Are you
selecting the [X] option to save to file? I don't see that happening
in the trace from a quick glance.