lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Invoking a lynx script

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Invoking a lynx script
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 02:16:20 -0700

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, Bela Lubkin wrote:
>
> > You might use that to advantage, e.g. adding "-width 10000" so that
> > paragraphs are inserted without line breaks (then vim's :set textwidth=
> > wrapping will work).  Slight bug there: Lynx has a line length limit of
> > 1014 chars (from testing); paragraphs longer than that will have
> > arbitrary line breaks inserted.
>
> yes - it's a compile-time limit, used in various buffer-sizes as well
> as a chunk-size in GridText.c's memory-allocation scheme.

Yes, documented as LINE_MAX in recent man pages.  I've never tried
compiling Lynx with an expanded LINE_MAX: does it work or does it run
into countervailing assumptions elsewhere in the code?  I imagine that
setting it to a large value like 1M would bloat the Lynx process (but
nothing like a GUI browser...) and probably slow it down as well...