lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] first line missing, red arrow

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] first line missing, red arrow
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:34:27 -0400

Quoting Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I might already have complained, but I still (2.8.8dev.7a) have the
problem that sometimes, on loading a page (even ‘v’ can trigger it)
the first line of the rendered text (directly below the violet tit‐
le line) is empty (all black; mouse-marking shows no contents), and
the first character of the left margin of the second line is a bold
red right-arrow → in Unicode, instead of a space. The first line is
flickering, and from what I see, the text is actually rendered then
replaced. Hitting ^L fixes the problem, so I believe it’s a display
issue. I think it doesn’t always happen, but if it happened once it
doesn’t stop in that lynx “session”. It’s independent of the ←←←→→→
display in the upper-left corner (or just ←←←), too.

Terminal: uxterm 200 on XFree86 4.5, GNU screen 4.00.03-15
MirBSD ships ncursesw as libncurses, and Lynx is built with wide curses.

xterm #200 is rather old - perhaps relevant.
That's the ncurses version?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net