lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How to retail URL links as hypertext?

From: Mark Skilbeck
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to retail URL links as hypertext?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:06:14 +0100

Hi, Kaushik.

Browsing the man page for lynx, you'll find the "-base" option:

    -base  prepend a request URL comment and BASE tag to text/html
           outputs for -source dumps.

So, if a site, test.com, is using relative document locations, you
will invoke lynx thusly:

    lynx -dump -base=http://test.com http://test.com

I can't tell you how well it works: does it prepend the base for URLs
that already have a "base"? These are things you'll find out for
yourself.

Admittedly, this functionality may be better suited as native to the
-dump invokation. Perhaps it's time for some lynx hacking?

Tchau!