lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Jump to next input field

From: Tim Chase
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Jump to next input field
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 20:14:05 -0500

On 2013-07-18 16:12, Gulshan Singh wrote:
> Is there any way to jump to the next input field in Lynx? For
> example, if I want to search for something in google, I have to
> keep pushing the down arrow key until the search field is selected.
> Is there any way to jump to that search field?

I do this by setting

  keypad_mode=LINKS_AND_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED

in my ~/.lynxrc (which does then require you to navigate with
something other than the numeric keypad, but since I fly in vi-mode,
that doesn't bother me).  I can then just start typing the number of
the link/field that I want, and hit <enter> to jump to that field.

-tim