lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems accessing wikipedia with lynx 2.8.8

From: vsethi
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems accessing wikipedia with lynx 2.8.8
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 08:39:00 -0400

Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Try this in (O)ptions:
>
>  Preferred encoding               : [36][(1)__None____]
>
> Meh, it seems like people mislabelling compressed streams
> is becoming _more_ common instead of less

Yes, thanks, you are correct.  I was always able to get to the first page
at www.wikipedia.org so I set "Preferred encoding" in the options menu to
"none" and that allowed me to proceed to en.wikipedia.org.

Don't understand why wikipedia was working happily with lynx until two weeks
ago with the default (?) setting for "preferred encoding":  "all".  What
changed?