lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] relative HREF in BASE tag

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] relative HREF in BASE tag
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:08:56 +0000 (UTC)

David Woolley dixit:

> On 25/11/2018 11:09, David Woolley wrote:
>> (As I understand the history, W3C didn't have much to do with HTML 5, even
>> though it looks as though they have now adopted it into their standards.)
>
> In particular, HTML5 was developed by WHATWG (Web Hypertext Application

AFAIK, there are two “HTML5”, one from WHATWG (“living standard”, no
versioned releases) and one from W3C with version numbers. And, no
surprise I think, they don’t match exactly. (As others have said,
WHATWG wishes to please different people from W3C, and W3C came late
after having tried to push (and thankfully failed) {,X}HTML2.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of