lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Windows Defender ATP

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Windows Defender ATP
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:04:43 +0100

David Niklas wrote:

I just discovered the new features of Microsoft's
"Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection".

So let me get this straight... You're asking a bunch of opensource geeks
to explain a "Feature" of a black box environment that has been
purposefully created to "secure" said black box using an unknown and
apparently flawed method.

I made a note that it was a "new feature". I guess "opensource geeks"
like you do not make flaws :-) Give Microsoft some slack please. This
'Network Protection' feature looks really promising.

Alternately, lynx might be used by the NSA for "special" purposes so lynx
has an exception to the rules and thus WE 0WN the Virtual-verse!!!

Seriously, I do *not* have "Lynx" in my User-Agent string.
I even get a warning for that:
  Warning: User-Agent string does not contain "Lynx" or "L_y_n_x"!

But lynx maybe have other "finger-prints" that NSA would detect?

--
--gv