lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Send user-agent header setting

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Send user-agent header setting
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 13:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

while I cannot speak to lynx.cfg, I can state that I have yet to find a solution of a default nature. My feeling is echoed by one point you make. because some sites will deny entrance if the option is turned off, turning the option off on a need to use basis seems best for the greater integrity of the browser. My additional question though has to do with the user agent field information itself. Is there something that can be placed in that field which might help the problem? a user agent header that performs consistently well enough to serve as the default? That way one might need to turn the option off less often.
Just  my thoughts,