lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Suggestion for send user-agent header question

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Suggestion for send user-agent header question
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 13:16:58 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, I can almost document this.
When discussing the Lynx issue with google directly, a staff member provided me with a recent article where google stated that most people wanting to not use JavaScript, or turn it off in browsers are bots. However Google is also using that thinking to block JavaScript browsers that are open source.
Agreed on raising the Lynx user profile though.