lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] I Still Cannot Play dot aac Files in Lynx!

From: Chime Hart
Subject: [Lynx-dev] I Still Cannot Play dot aac Files in Lynx!
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:19:53 -0700

OK, after trying a suggestion on this list, we tried many other things. If I rename an aac to mp3 lynx thinks its an m4a.

what i did was to create a new empty .mailcap file. I added a line for mp3 and tried it with an mp3 file. it worked. I added audio/aac and it didn't. I then changed the command for the mp3 to echo %s > ~/test_mailcap.txt and when I ran the mp3, it put the filename into the text file. Then I changed it to the audio/aac and ran an aac file and it didn't print the name into the text file. It just doesn't seem to be recognizing the aac file by audio/aac.
Thanks so much in advance for any guidance
Chime-and-Marc