lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and amazon?

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and amazon?
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 21:18:32 +0100

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 05:51:42PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
>  Am I correct in understanding that the cookie that should be accepted has a
> latter time than 2038, meaning it is being rejected perhaps creating part of
> the issue?

That is correct (and sorry I didn't see this message earlier).  One or more
of the cookies that Amazon uses during the login process has a date later
than 2038, and Lynx is failing to store these cookies because of a bug in the
current version of Lynx.

My understanding is that this has only been a problem since the beginning of
this year, because the cookies have a 20-year lifetime and therefore last
year the date would have been 2038 and Lynx accepts that.

imc