lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] ... Accessible Search Engines ... the nasty mouse.

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ... Accessible Search Engines ... the nasty mouse.
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 16:24:04 +0000 (UTC)

Halaasz Saandor via Lynx-dev dixit:

> O, I love that. I wish I could forgo the mouse for everything but
> drawing. My showlder always grows sore.

I switched to a Lenovo Thinkpad USB keyboard with nipple and no
touchpad in it (the SK-8855 model, neither the older SK-8845,
which has touchpad, nor the current one, which has those weird
Apple keycaps… 55Y9092 seems to be the FRU for the US version).

Its bottom is very thin, allowing a smooth transition from the
desk that doesn’t hurt the underarms.

As I work mostly in a terminal (IRC, lynx, text editor, pine for
mail), I rarely need the mouse (copy/paste, if not done via GNU
screen, and the occasional Firefox crap), so this has come as a
godsent; for other things like drawing, gaming, etc. I’d still
use a drawing tablet, mouse, etc.

And, as a long-year Thinkpad convert (up to X61 only though),
I’m rather comfortable with the nipple. Trackballs are the other
option, there are even keyboard with them embedded, at the bottom
or left to the numpad or replacing it. I never got comfy with those
though as they tend to wander alone.

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
18:47⎜<mirabilos:#!/bin/mksh> well channels… you see, I see everything in the
same window anyway      18:48⎜<xpt:#!/bin/mksh> i know, you have some kind of