lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:53:43 -0500 (EST)

Actually, this is not correct.
I have gotten this duplicated by google accessibility staff. In fact Google stated in an article recently that since only crooks turn off JavaScript, they will not allow anyone to sign into their gmail account without JavaScript. When I requested answers for accessibility reasons, one staff member duplicated the issue using elinks, and told me that it was because Google did not consider elinks to use the "right" kind of JavaScript. Later, a different staff member who normally uses links reported that they too could no longer reach basic html using the browser. This is not a client issue, as I am going directly to google for my gmail reading.
Karen