lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Copyright violation? How?

From: Mouse
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Copyright violation? How?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:03:56 -0500 (EST)

I tried what was reported in the thread about Google's changes, setting
the user-agent to claim to be Mozilla.

Upon setting this, lynx told me

WARNING: Misrepresentation of the User-Agent may be a copyright violation!

This makes me curious.  Whose copyright is potentially being violated
by changing the user-agent setting, and why/how?  I had a quick look at
the overall copyright notices, and found nothing obviously relevant; of
course, I haven't looked at each file's copyright license individually.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden