lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Gemini Support?

From: dacav
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Gemini Support?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 19:48:43 +0200

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 06:25:25PM -0700, Visiblink wrote:
> I browse a number of gopher sites, but a lot of the people who were once
> there are now using the gemini protocol (see
> https://gemini.circumlunar.space/ for information).
>
> Is there any possibility that gemini support might be added to lynx in
> the future? One of the best features of lynx is that it allows users to
> access gopher and the web in the same client. It would be great to add
> gemini as well.

Hey Visiblink,

I was wondering about the same in a previous thread (entitled "Project
contributions").  I'm not sure about when, but I'd like to give it an
attempt.

Just for the record, I'm not a lynx developer.

I just noticed that Gemini is becoming quite a thing, and having Gemini
support in Lynx would mean to have a unified browser for the textual
universe.

 - dacav