lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Enable poxy only for one domain

From: Robin Stern
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Enable poxy only for one domain
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:05:45 -0700

Is it possile to enable proxy only for one domain? I see a config option
NO_PROXY, but don't see how I can chieve proxying only one domain. Why is this
useful? Web engines like duckduckgo seem to do ip address throttling if
javascript is not enabled. So one cannot use lynx with duckduckgo as one's main
search engine based web browsing. I tried it with a good VPN too, but that
doesn't work either as VPN's don't rotate IP addresses for every request that
is sent. Using duckduckgo's (it's "non-darkweb") tor onion link doesn't help
either as clicking on a search result from search results gets blocked for
being tor which has a limited pool of IP addresses (around ~1300 at the
moment). So the solution is to use a commercial proxy that has millions of IP
addresses. But the problem is that such services are expensive for single users
(around US$ 15 per GB). The way around is to use proxying only for duckduckgo
domain, and not for other domains, but lynx currently doesn't seem to have an
option like NO_PROXY that does the opposite: to allow only some domains for
proxying.