lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] urls longer than 1024 characters

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] urls longer than 1024 characters
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 23:39:41 -0500 (EST)

Since my situation started the question, how might I send a sample for testing?
can the list take attachments?
Kare

On Wed, 25 Jan 2023, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Would it be possible for lynx to count the characters in an url and if the
url is longer than 1024 characters offer to send the long url to an url
shortening service and then catch the shortened url the service sent back
and then open that shortened url instead?
If lynx gets one of these shortened urls, will the url expansion on the
other end cause lynx to error out or will the shortened url actually
bypass the 1024 character limit on urls?
I don't know that the internet has an actual limit on url length either.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.