m17n-list

Bug in bo-ewts.mim

From: Tom Troughton
Subject: Bug in bo-ewts.mim
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 09:03:32 -0400

Hello,

1) There seems to be a bug in the bo-ewts.mim distributed with Ubuntu18.04. On my system (up to date ), typing

<r-i<space>> produces r-ཨི་

<a+r-I<space>> produces ཨྲཱྀ་ as expected, but maybe there are two
ratas, just exactly the same, and so written over one another.

<a+r-i<space>> produces ཨྲྲྀ་ - there are two subscript ras written.

This is perhaps related to the lisp(?) coding in the file which has some conditionals.

2) Also, it seems it is not possible under the mim system to produce the following letters: ལྀ and ལཱྀ. I fixed this by adding ("L" "ལ") to my local file at line 90.

The ewts standard may have some ambiguities, and I don't know m17n's stance on fidelity to the standard. That said, the problems with typing outlined in 1) above do seem to be a bug.

Tom Troughton