m17n-list

Re: New layout for Newa

From: Mike FABIAN
Subject: Re: New layout for Newa
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 19:03:44 +0200

handa <handa@gnu.org> さんはかきました:

>> Any plans for a release ?
>
> As the last release (1.8) was 3 years ago, I admit that the new version
> should be released before long.  I hope I can find a time to work on it
> soon.

If you make a new release it might be useful to include the patches
we have in Fedora for m17n-db. They are here:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/m17n-db/tree/rawhide

The m17n-db-1.8.0-inscript2-mni-sat.patch is for the
inscript2-20160423.tar.gz tarball which is added in the Fedora rpm.
This tarball adds inscript input methods which are according to the
newest standard from

https://standardsbis.bsbedge.com/BIS_searchstandard.aspx?Standard_Number=IS+16350&id=22277

Somebody recently reported the the inscript layouts are not according to
the standard:

https://github.com/ibus/ibus-m17n/issues/30

But it looks like he was mistaken and didn’t test the inscript2 methods
added in Fedora.

Parag Nemade (CC:) is checking once more whether everything agrees with
the standard, if yes it might be useful to include these inscript2
methods as well upstream.

A while ago I wrote a si-sayura.mim, see:

https://github.com/mike-fabian/m17n-db-sayura

This might also be useful to include upstream.

It is a rewrite of the ibus-sayura input method which is written in C,
I made it behave exactly like ibus-sayura.

It is nice to have this in m17n-db as well because then one can use it
with ibus-m17n and also with ibus-typing-booster (which has additional
features like word completion not available in ibus-sayura).

This input method for IPA X-SAMPA might also be interesting:

https://github.com/mike-fabian/m17n-db-ipa-x-sampa

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@redhat.com>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。