m4-discuss

m4 works great, thanks

From: Jesse Wilson
Subject: m4 works great, thanks
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:26:55 -0700

Hey m4 team ---

I started reading about m4 at about 5pm yesterday
and by 11pm I had a fully functional app that worked
exactly as I wanted. Your tool is easy to use, powerful
and fun.

Since there doesn't seem to be a lot of hits on my
Google search for "m4 Java", I thought I'd share a bit
with how it went. My goal was that the input file to
M4 would be a well-formed .java file that I could edit
inside my IDE. This gives me a lot of nice IDE benefits
that I otherwise lose where the macros would be invalid
Java syntax. I accomplished this easly! If you're interested
in the details, I've posted the macros here:
http://publicobject.com/2006/06/using-m4-as-macro-processor-for-java.html

If you'd like, feel free to redistribute these simple macros
via your manual etc., I grant full permission.

Thanks again for a great tool.
-Jesse