m4-discuss

Re: Clang+libgcc issue

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Clang+libgcc issue
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 08:44:31 -0500

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 01:59:53PM +0300, Anton wrote:
> Hello, i have compilation issue with clang+libgcc. I can compile with
> gcc+libgcc, clang+compiler-rt but i cannot with clang+libgcc. Is this
> possible?
>
> P. S. The full issue you can find here
> https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/issues/6777

Generally, it's nice to paste the actual error you are seeing, instead
of making people chase through a URL to learn the full context of your
question.

That said, I've glanced through that page, and it looks more like you
are encountering toolchain issues specific to your setup (ie. the bug
is probably in clang proper, or at least in how your distro installs
clang), rather than a bug in m4 itself.  That means it is unlikely we
will be able to help you here, and that using that issue will probably
get you better resolution because you are already in contact with
people more familiar with your choice of toolchain.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266