mailman

[gnu.org #1448007] Illegal command pipelining by lists.gnu.org (209.51.1

From: Ian Kelling via RT
Subject: [gnu.org #1448007] Illegal command pipelining by lists.gnu.org (209.51.188.17)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 07:29:17 -0500

On Thu Nov 14 07:27:28 2019, iank wrote:
> On Wed Nov 13 21:06:03 2019, address@hidden wrote:
> > On 11/13/19 3:05 PM, Ian Kelling via RT wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok. I was wrong about the postfix version. However, a main
> > > motivation of postscreen is that spambots are less compliant to email
> > > rfcs than legitimate mail software. I doubt any software is perfectly
> > > compliant to all email rfcs, so postscreen users / developers are going
> > > to run into this situation where some rfc behavior test does not
> > > actually indicate bad mail software, and blocking mail over it makes no
> > > sense until the legitimate mail servers follow that part of the
> > > standard.
> > >

> > Of course. I wasn't aware that I toggled this problem on with the
> > upgrade to postfix-3.4.x.
> >
> > I would like to keep both chunking and postscreen enabled, but if I have
> > to toss one out, it will be chunking. I'm watching the logs and will
> > figure out what works best.
> >
> > I really did just want to give you a heads up; I am by no means
> > demanding that you fix this on your end. Now you'll know the culprit if
> > it causes problems with other MX. I consider the matter resolved.
> >

> Oh, of course. I'm sorry if I came off brusk. You are using a free
> software email server and letting us know about issues you noticed, that
> is AWESOME. If you are continuing to test for this issue with other
> email servers, I would really like to know if it comes up in your
> logs. If it doesn't, perhaps its not as common in exim as I thought and
> we really should change something on our end. You advancing the state of
> federation and software freedom in email, unlike the big providers with
> their black box software that rejects mail and classifies it as spam
> without explanation and never reply to any questions. If you publish a
> note about this issue somewhere, a mailing list, a wiki, something, it
> would be great for the free software community. Thank you!

Oh, I suppose address@hidden is a public list, but you might also
consider publishing a summary of the issue somewhere that people
are more likely to look, like a postfix mailing list.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF