mailman

Re: Mail incorrectly getting flagged down as spam

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Mail incorrectly getting flagged down as spam
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 18:33:11 -0600

Hello Chris,

Chris Punches wrote:
> My name is Chris Punches and I was referred to you by Greg Farough
> while I've been trying to chase down this issue.

Sure!  But I (and we here) take care of the other mailing lists and
not the GCC lists.  Therefore I have CC'd the team GNU mailing list
team on my reply.  I am thinking we will need help from Ian.

You see the GCC team is somewhat separate from most of the rest of the
GNU Project.  GCC is a big project and they have a lot of their own
infrastructure.  It might be a problem there on that side of things.

> For some reason as of this morning, my posts to gnu.org mailing lists,
> particualrly gcc, goes to "spam@localhost" after being rejected, and I
> get back messages indicating that it's getting routed by some kind of
> spam filter.  I was able to post fine until this morning.
>
> Can you please provide some insight into why this is suddenly happening
> and how I can fix it?

The spam@localhost sounds like something that is happening on your
client end and won't be anything we have any control over.  That would
be a problem on your end.

If you are getting a rejection from gnu.org then that part might need
help from one of the FSF sysadmins (CC'd) to look at the logs and
determine what is happening.  Let's get them all of the information
they will need to take a look at things.  I'll copy and comment.

> Reporting-MTA: dns; sourceware.org
> Arrival-Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 14:26:56 +0000 (GMT)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; spam@localhost
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; input/output error

I think 62B1A3858012 is the queue id from your system.  Which makes it
less than useful.  It's how your system is filing bounce rejections.

I looked in the archive and it appears your most recent message to the
mailing list was this one.